[FFmpeg-user] Poor quality output when converting avi to mp4

Ute Willmore uwillmore at remotegeo.com
Mon Jul 31 21:41:15 EEST 2017

Gyan,

the problem has been solved! I had reported a bug with the GPAC support
site, and someone named A. David got back to me on Friday to let me know
he/she thinks he fixed it.The email was in my spam folder and I didn't find
it until Saturday, but man was I surprised and relieved to see it.
I tested the new 64 bit version this morning and it extracted the video
from a 7.5 GB video in about 30 second. FFMPEG extracted the audio from the
original avi file, combined it with the raw video mp4box created and scaled
the video to 640:480 and converted everything to mp4 in 8.5 minutes.

I am happy with that and so is my supervisor.

It looks like this time, the problem is really solved. So, thanks again for
your help. I very much appreciate it.

I assume you no longer need one of my larger video files, since mp4box is
fixed. I really don't know how to get one to you anyway. I don't have that
much space left in my Dropbox account and I doubt I can email it to you. If
you still want one, let me know and maybe we can figure something out.

I still plan on posting the solution to the superuser group, to answer my
own question on that group from 2 weeks ago, but not until I know when GPAC
will release the test version I have to their official download site. No
sense in telling people about the solution until they can get the fixed
version of mp4box.

Ute