[FFmpeg-user] Libraries missing?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Jul 30 13:29:17 EEST 2017

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 23:09:51 -0700, msknight wrote:
> Among the things not working quite right, is footage from my Canon FS200
> camcorder. At the moment, I'm using VLC to convert the footage, but I'd like
> to get FFmpeg working again.

Did this work before on Mint? (At the very bottom, I believe I did
figure out what the issue is. Check my babbling inbetween anyway.)

> I suspect this is a library issue as it does give a configuration mismatch
> error, but I'm not sure how to go about solving this...

Indeed, this:
> --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
>   WARNING: library configuration mismatch
>   avcodec     configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=1build2
> --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

means ffmpeg is seeing a mixture of libraries from different builds. It
*may* indicate that ffmpeg is seeing something it shouldn't (unless
this was on purpose).

> $ ffmpeg -i MOV024.MOD MOV024.Mp4
> ffmpeg version 3.2.4-1build2 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
>   built with gcc 6.3.0 (Ubuntu 6.3.0-8ubuntu1) 20170221

Can you grab a static build from Zeranoe
(https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/) - not the 3.3.2 but rather the
"201707*" version - and use that to check. (We won't uderstand whether
it's the newer version or the proper build that makes the difference
though.)

> [libopenmpt @ 0x55f603ce1cc0] openmpt_module_create_from_memory: ERROR:
> error loading file
> MOV024.MOD: Invalid data found when processing input

D'uh! Due to the extention of the file, and because your build of
ffmpeg supports libopenmpt, ffmpeg tried to open this as a "module
tracker" (a weird audio format from the 80ies, IIRC.) I think you need
to force the input as some sort of MPEG:
$ ffmpeg -f mpg -i MOV024.MOD
or
$ ffmpeg -f mpegts -i MOV024.MOD

Zeranoe's build probably doesn't support libopenmpt and will work out
of the box. If it does, do tell us which format it detects (the output
of "ffmpeg -i" please.

Moritz