[FFmpeg-user] Uninterrupted RTMP options

Robert Van Zant rvz20001 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 17:59:05 EEST 2017

I have a scenario that I don't think can be solved by ffmpeg, but will ask
anyway.

I need to relay a live RTMP stream to a Flash Media Server, with the output
continuing uninterrupted even when the input stream drops.

If the input drops, rather than ffmpeg exiting, I'd like to send a black
screen, or a 'Technical difficulties...' screen to the FMS.  Additionally,
I'd like this to continue until the RTMP input resumes, at which time the
output live stream resumes.

I've looked at the command line options for ffmpeg, it doesn't sound like
this is even remotely possible.  Opinions?  If not ffmpeg, would anyone
know of another product that has these capabilities?

Thanks,
Bob