[FFmpeg-user] Quick (I hope) CLI question

Eric Downing ripeart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:24:05 EEST 2017

Hi!

I have a folder of mixed format video files. I would like to:

• copy video format
• apply "ffmpeg-normalize" to the audio track(s), whilst preserving encoding
• batch process so I can run the same command on the root folder

For example:
video1.mp4 (aac 5.1)
video2.mkv (2 ch stereo)

The issue is that I have a bunch of video files in varying video and audio
formats that need loudness normalization. They number into the hundreds so
running a single command to accommodate each files particular encoding is
cumbersome. I want to preserve formatting for audio and video and apply
normalization to the audio - in batch. Surely there must be a way to script
this.

I have found and understand the CLI language to do these things one by one,
however I'm having a hard time concatenating these commands into a one
liner. It seems that each time the CLI wants me to define an output format
for the audio.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Eric