[FFmpeg-user] Compile master on i686

桃源老師 xanadu6291 at dream.jp
Fri Jul 21 16:09:45 EEST 2017

Hello Carl-san,

First of all, I'm aware of lend a hand to thread hijacking...

But anyway, I'll proceed discussion...

> 2017/07/21 午後9:03、Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>のメール:

>> I don't know how to create ffmpeg which does not supports Secure Transport
>
> $ configure --disable-securetransport

Oh Thanks!

> The reason why the packager is using it is that Apple forbids FFmpeg's
> use of securetransport / SecIdentityCreate() in the Appstore, see:
> https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2016-September/033607.html

But it is for create some macOS/iOS app including ffmpeg binary, I think...

And macOS/iOS app is basically closed source (not open source), to create such a app is not much with ffmpeg's licence I think...  Especially, if the app is distributed via mac/iOS App Store...

But to use ffmpeg itself on macOS, I think it is better to support secure transport, am I wrong?

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi