[FFmpeg-user] man ffmpeg absent

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 00:33:01 EEST 2017

Also, Ian Mills from exiv2 project is a Mac OS guru when it comes to compiling from sources.
He can be found on discuss.pixls.us or on exiv2 project web site.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Manuel Tiglio <tiglio at icloud.com> Date: 2017-07-17  3:22 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: FFmpeg user questions <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] man ffmpeg absent
Again, macports is a package manager to make your life easy when installing open source software such as in this case.

https://www.macports.org

Here’s who to install mac ports. You need to:

1) Install the macports version depending on your Mac OS version

Then follow instructions (1-4). There is no need for you to compile anything.
https://www.macports.org/install.php

2) Then, finally, just type in a console

sudo port install ffmpeg

It will install all dependencies and so on.

You can do the same with pretty much any open source software .

No need to go through make files, compile, move them around system files, etc.

It is really easy, I am happy to help if you get stuck.