[FFmpeg-user] man ffmpeg absent

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sun Jul 16 20:19:54 EEST 2017

On 2017-07-16 18:44, ILJA SHEBALIN wrote:
> Hi, Lion is the codename for OS X 10.7 operating system from Apple.
> I downloaded three binaries - ffmpeg, ffprob, ffserver from the
> official source. I'm not quite sure what "building ffmpeg" means
> and I didn't use the command line to install it, also I am
> unfamiliar with "make install" command. After downloading
> I moved all three to /usr/bin directory. Running man
> /my/installprefixshare/man/man1/ffmpeg.1 returned No manual
> entry for /my/installprefixshare/man/man1/ffmpeg.1.

Same as you downloaded from somewhwere the three binaries, you need to
download the man pages, and copy them to the correct paths.

/my/installprefixshare/  is intended as a place holder. You replace that
name whith the place you installed them. It could be
"/usr/share/man/man1/...", or more properly,
"/usr/local/share/man/man1/...".

Similarly, the place for the binaries would be "/usr/local/share/bin/"

(in a normal Linux)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.