[FFmpeg-user] Write QuickTime tags

aegoreev at gmail.com aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 19:05:09 EEST 2017

Hello ffmpeg users,

Here is the list of QuickTime tags I am trying to write:

title
author
comment
description
creationdate
keywords
location.ISO6709
rating.user
camera.identifier
make
model

The command I use is:  ffmpeg -i INPUT.MP4  -metadata key=value  -codec copy
OUTPUT.MP4

Some of these tags such as 'keywords' and 'rating.user' are not being
recognized by another software (I was checking results in mediainfo and
exiftool) and some of them I was able to write using a different key(name)
e.g. 'date' instead of 'creationdate'.

I am wondering if there is any good documentation available on the web on what
QuickTime tags ffmpeg is available to write.
There is not much info here: http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
I also found this webpage: https://multimedia.cx/eggs/supplying-ffmpeg-with-metadata/ but it is not up to date either.

Official Apple documentation is here:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/
Metadata/Metadata.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40000939-CH1-SW43
(if the link isn't working go to https://developer.apple.com/library/content/
documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/Metadata/Metadata.html and scroll down to the
table 3-6)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrius