[FFmpeg-user] Create hvc1 mp4 with ffmpeg only

桃源老師 xanadu6291 at dream.jp
Mon Jul 3 06:43:55 EEST 2017

Hello list member,

I realized that HEVC(H265) have 2 FourCC, hev1 and hvc1.
I don't know the difference of them but next macOS/iOS seems to support hvc1 only.

I can create hvc1 mp4 using MP4Box by following the URL below:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32152090/encode-h265-to-hvc1-codec

I also know that ffmpeg can produce hvc1 mov with the following command:
ffmpeg -i hev1.mp4 -c: copy -tag:v hvc1 hvc1.mov

Above information (hvc1 with mov) was found by Googling:
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2017-June/212538.html

But if it is possible, I'd like to create hvc1 mp4 using ffmpeg only.  Is it possible?

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi