[FFmpeg-devel] patch for a new H.264 codec with Matrox m264 card.

Thomas Volkert silvo at gmx.net
Thu Mar 28 22:11:06 EET 2019

On 28.03.2019 13:40, Yufei He wrote:
> On 03/27/2019 11:35 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
>
> Yufei He (12019-03-27):
>

> Here is the fixed patch for a new H.264 codec with Matrox M264 card.
>
> It calls the default library from the card's driver installation.
> Please review.
>

> You are still using programmatic dynamic linking instead of normal
> dynamic linking, and you have not given a good reason for that. Please
> fix.
>
> Regards,
>

> Hi Nicolas
>
> In windows, we need provide the interface library mvM264.lib to our customers so that they can build. But driver installation of the card does not have the interface library. It just install mvM264.dll.
>
> We call dlopen to load mvM264.dll on runtime.  It's simpler. That's the way we are doing now in other projects..

I personally prefer this way of dynamic linking for such cases. Intel
does it in a similar way via their mfx_dispatcher. They use it as dll
loader for ondemand access to the Intel QuickSync specific dlls during
the runtime of the corresponding application.
But they published the source of this special dll loader as open source
release.

Best regards,
Thomas.