[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] beautified + accelerated vf_fillborders – Please review

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Tue Mar 26 16:56:49 EET 2019

Am 26.03.19 um 15:48 schrieb Nicolas George:
> Ulf Zibis (12019-03-26):
>> Do you mean the following option? Unfortunately I still see only 1 run.
>>
>> I know, that it works with "-vf -loop=loop=1024:size=1:start=0", but I
>> ask, because I want to understand the purpose of the shorter option
>> "-loop number".
>>
>> ./ffmpeg-p7b -y -i debug/8.jpg -loop 1024 -vf
>> fillborders=25:25:25:25:mirror debug/ZZ_8_mirror-25-25-25-25.jpg
> Are you trying to benchmark the JPEG encoder? If not, do not use the
> JPEG encoder, use no encoder at all.
>
> Are you trying to benchmark the image2 muxer? If not, do not use the
> image2 muxer, use no muxer at all.
>
> Are you trying to benchmark the JPEG decoder? If not, do not use the
> JPEG decoder, use the "color" filter source, or, if the test requires
> non-trivial content to be relevant, prepare a rawvideo input.

Thanks for your hints.

I'm trying to benchmark -vf fillborders (added the timer code in
vf_fillborders.c), so Carl Eugen's suggestion to use /dev/zero as input
would not make sense. I'll try with "-f null -".

-Ulf