[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] beautified + accelerated vf_fillborders – Please review

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 01:40:05 EET 2019

> Hi again,
>
> Am 19.03.19 um 17:31 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> One run is not good.
>> Either use the loop option to filter the same frame again and
>> again or feed a video to ffmpeg.
>
> I have new patches.
>
> Patch 1 is just a little renaming and a preparation for the
> benchmark timer code.

There are two patches "1", one with wrong indentation.

Iiuc, the patch mixes the following:
Renaming of a variable
Moving of blocks
Adding commented code that is removed in a later patch
Replacing constants with harder to read calculations
Adding comments

I don't maintain the file but in general not all of these are
acceptable and it any case should be separate changes.

> Patch 2 is a slight enhancement in performance for cases,
> where only top and bottom borders are filled.

This also removes outcommented code which should
not be part of a performance enhancement.
How much "slight enhancement" were you able to measure?
Iiuc, some cases get slower, no?
Some people prefer that patches like this do not change the
indentation to make it more readable.

> Patch 3 beautifies the code an really enhances the performance.

Again: Please do not mix functional and cosmetic changes.

> See the results included in the benchmark patch

Do I read the results correctly that for all patches some cases
get faster and others get slower?

Carl Eugen