[FFmpeg-devel] backport fixes for CVE-2019-9718 and CVE-2019-9721

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Mar 20 20:18:37 EET 2019

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 12:08:52PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at 00:48, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > <dominik at greysector.net>:
> >
> > > Were the CVE IDs not known at the time these were pushed to master?
> >
> > No, how would this be possible?
>
> Easy: you can request the ID at https://cveform.mitre.org/ before
> pushing the commits.

do you want to do that ?
In general patches are posted to the mailing list so you could if
you want.
There are probably about 1-2 "Timeout" fixes similar to these a day
currently. Most of these are security issues in the sense of making denial
of service easier, they do not change black to white.

Its not so much that i dont have the time to request 1-2 CVE# a day, its
more that iam not sure this is really helpfull to our users.

Thanks