[FFmpeg-devel] lavd: Remove libndi_newtek

Andrey Semashev andrey.semashev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 20:29:07 EET 2019

On 3/10/19 8:28 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2019, at 18:04, Martin Vignali wrote:
>> This discussion just send bad message to contributors.
>> You're just encourage them to keep code improvement in their own version of
>> ffmpeg.
>
> Maintaining an FFmpeg is hard and costly.
>
> This gives those people incentives to use open source libraries or write new ones.

I would say, the message is quite the opposite.

I'm not an active member of the community, so please disregard my
opinion if you will. But I think decisions like this should be based
exclusively on technical grounds. Political or populist arguments are
not valid for technical decisions, regardless how "good" or aligned with
your personal views they might seem. That is, if you care about
technical quality of your project and not just "fighting the good fight".