[FFmpeg-devel] lavd: Remove libndi_newtek

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun Mar 10 13:04:10 EET 2019

Marton Balint (12019-03-09):
> You are not removing ndi because of the license violation, you are removing
> it because you don't like it.

Let us assume, for the rice wine of the argument, that you are right:
that we want to remove it because we do not like them. But ask yourself:
why do we not like them.

And he answer would be: because they make a habit of infringing Libre
Software licenses when they can get away with it.

Removing this is not just something internal to FFmpeg: it is an
important Libre Software project helping to hold the line against
hoarders.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George