[FFmpeg-devel] How to filter private folders from GIT patch

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Sat Mar 9 14:44:26 EET 2019

Am 08.03.19 um 21:26 schrieb Moritz Barsnick:
>> Are there other possibilities which are directly project-bounded?
> Hoe about not committing them in the first place? (Don't use "git
> commit -A", but instead carefully inspect everything "git status"
> offers you.) Or, if you must, for your development desire, then commit
> them in a separate commit which you then don't include in your exported
> patch(es).
>
> I don't know about Netbeans, but e.g. Qt Creator offers me to add its
> projects files to a detected revision control, but I can click "no
> thanks" (or un-add them later, before committing).

I don't see this in NetBeans, but I've found a solution. Thanks for your hints!

I was in error about the interpretion of .git/info/exclude. I thought it was meant as path in $HOME folder. In the project's folder it does what I want, thanks Tobias.

-Ulf