[FFmpeg-devel] avcodec/proresenc_aw : improve speed by replacing PutBitContext for codeword encoding

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Mar 6 01:05:51 EET 2019

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 11:28:56AM +0100, Martin Vignali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> do i understand correctly that there is no check that prevents out of array
> > writing ?
> > not even an assert
> > If thats the case, then i think this is unwise.
> >

> Thanks for testing.
>
> For the buffer check, i can add a test (assert or error), before slice
> plane encoding, in order to check if there is enough space in the dst
> buffer for the "worst" slice plane target size.

Whatever check is added it should be robust and ensure that no out of
array writes can happen.
For example someone changing what is written should not be able to miss
any checks that he would need to update.

thx

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus