[FFmpeg-devel] How to correctly use init and uninit

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Fri Apr 19 15:25:09 EEST 2019

Am 19.04.19 um 13:38 schrieb Paul B Mahol:

> Use either av_freep(&s->filler) or av_free(s->filler).

It works fine without 'p'. Thanks!

Do I really need the init function, as it has to do nothing in my case?

static av_cold int init(AVFilterContext *ctx)
{
    FillBordersContext *s = ctx->priv;
    return 0;
}

> You do not need to use loop filter on single png.
I need real pictures to prove the correctness of my hacking. The
smptebars is not appopriate to see errors in the output e.g. from mirroring.

> Use something like this:
>
> ffmpeg -f lavfi -i smptebars=size=hd720 -vf fillborders=... -f null -
For performance testing I use the like:
-f rawvideo -pix_fmt gray16 -s 400x600 -i /dev/zero

Are there doubts if that is good either?

-Ulf