[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork attribution

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 00:25:02 EEST 2019

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 9:04 PM Lou Logan <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2019, at 4:51 AM, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:
> >
> > Whoever setup this ML sender rewriting thing should probably look into
> > options to also re-write the patch content and add a "From:" line in
> > there with the original name and email to avoid issues.
>
> I enabled this due DMARC as Timo correctly pointed out. This was due to the seemingly increasing number of rejected/bounced messages from certain domains resulting in the recipient being automatically unsubscribed from the list. I changed this relatively recently (last month?). I was unaware of the patchwork issue.
>
> This was implemented with the "dmarc_moderation_action" option within Mailman. It is currently set to "Munge from" and was previously set to "Accept". More info:
>
> https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

Did you try the "wrap" option? As I understand it, it would preserve
the original mail entirely, and rely on the mail client of the
recipient (ie. us) to properly unwrap the MIME container.
We've had various problems of authorship in patches getting mangled by
this, so if that could prevent it, that would be useful.

- Hendrik