[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Include more developers in the voting committee [#4]

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 02:09:37 EEST 2019

On 4/13/2019 7:47 PM, Marton Balint wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Apr 2019, Balint Marton wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Here is a call for the people in the voting committee [1] on the
>> decision of extending it.
>>
> [...]
>>
>> Some of these developers are already in the voting committee, the new
>> ones would be:
>>
>> Aman Gupta
>> Gyan Doshi
>> Jan Ekström
>> Jun Zhao
>> Karthick Jeyapal
>> Mark Thompson
>> Martin Vignali
>> Peter Ross
>> Steven Liu
>> Timo Rothenpieler
>> Zhong Li
>>
>> Question: Do you support extending the voting committte with the
>> people above?
>>
>> I suggest a deadline for making a decision on these 11 people of 7 days
>> starting now.
>
> Thanks for everyone who voted, I counted 5 votes supporting this, 0
> against.
>
> So from now on, the voting committe consists of these people:
>
> Aman Gupta
> Andreas Cadhalpun

Andreas hasn't been around for a long time.

> Carl Eugen Hoyos
> Christophe Gisquet
> Clément Bœsch
> Ganesh Ajjanagadde

Same with Ganesh.

> Gyan Doshi
> Hendrik Leppkes
> James Almer
> Jan Ekström
> Jun Zhao
> Karthick Jeyapal
> Lou Logan
> Lukasz Marek
> Mark Thompson
> Martin Vignali

Martin recently called it quits, removing himself from Maintainers,
after the recent NDI debacle.

> Marton Balint
> Michael Niedermayer
> Nicolas George
> Paul B Mahol
> Peter Ross
> Philip Langdale
> Reimar Döffinger
> Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet
> Rodger Combs
> Ronald S. Bultje
> Rostislav Pehlivanov
> Stefano Sabatini
> Steven Liu
> Timo Rothenpieler
> Timothy Gu
> wm4

And I'm fairly sure wm4 did as well.

> Zhong Li
>
> Regards,
> Marton

This list is getting long and starting to have people no longer
participating or contributing to the project. It might be worth looking
into culling it in some form.

And IMO, commit count shouldn't be the only thing that counts when
ML/IRC presence, contributed work, review activity, etc, are also important.
Plenty of people in this list haven't committed much in a while, but
still review and participate on both the ml and IRC.