[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.5 / 4.0

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Apr 20 13:29:10 EEST 2018

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 02:31:59AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 01:31:33PM +0200, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 11:15 PM, Michael Niedermayer
> > <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:

> > > well i had a bad headache today and iam a bit behind now with stuff
> > > so i likely wont be ready before tomorrow evening either.
> >
> > Both of my changes have been applied, so nothing on my side any longer.
>
> ok, i wanted to make the release today but its getting later than ideal.
> No point in rushing this by a few hours i guess
>
> so next target is tomorrow early afternoon.
> delays are very possible of course if anything delays it
>
> ill do a bit more testing before i go to sleep
>
> Btw if someone wants to write anything like release notes or a news
> entry ...

4.0 release made, ill leave writing the news entry to people who
can write english without a spell checker

4.0.1 is planned to be released in 2 weeks.
Sooner if major bugs are found, later if something delays it or
theres nothing major.
So please continue pushing bugfixes to release/4.0 (and older release
branches if you like)

Thanks

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.